The Center for Culinary Enterprises will house three commercial kitchens for area food entrepreneurs. The kitchens will be accessible at a low-cost to the entrepreneurs in order to lower barriers of entry into the food Read more»
The Sustainable Communities Initiative is a collaborative community development effort
-spearheaded by the Philadelphia Local Initiative Support Corporation - that seeks to link and coordinate investment in key areas necessary for comprehensive neighborhood revitalization, including:
- Housing and physical development
- Income and employment
- Economic activity and regional connections
- Healthy environment and lifestyles
- Greater Newark LISC lays out model for safer neighborhoods
LISC introduced its Community Safety Initiative program to Newark at the What Works Summit. APM staff spoke on an expert panel about implementing CSI in Eastern North Philly.
- Fighting climate change at the community level
Some neighborhoods are lowering their carbon footprint and doing their part to slow global warming, including Eastern North, Philadelphia.
- Roundtable: LISC staff on disaster recovery in hard hit communities
Key LISC staff in the cities in Sandy's path attended a roundtable discussion, including Philadelphia LISC's ED Andy Frishkoff.